Sacred Doula Workshop
Workshop Fee & Lodging
Deposit is $250, due at the time of registration.
Workshop Fee (Lodging Fee is separate, below):
$600 Early Rate if paid six weeks before the start of the workshop (1/29/18)
$700 Regular Rate due two weeks before the start of the workshop (2/19/18)
Payment plans are available! Just ask. Partial scholarships are available by application; application deadline is January 15, 2018. Contact Carrie for details.
If you live in the Seattle area and are a person from a community that is underrepresented in the doula community (people of color, LGBTQ, immigrant, for example), you may qualify for a full scholarship from the Swedish Doula Program. For scholarship info, call the program office at 206-215-6106.
I offer partial scholarships through the Carrie Kenner Social Justice Works! Scholarship fund. Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate a desire to address social and racial justice through their doula work. Contact me for an application, or click here to donate to the fund.
Your deposit of $250 is due at the time of registration. The balance – the remainder of your Workshop Fee – is due six weeks prior to the workshop beginning for early rate ($600), two weeks prior to the workshop beginning for regular rate ($700). An invoice will be sent to you as a reminder prior to payment due dates.
Please understand that you are making an intentional commitment to us and your self when you register for the Sacred Doula Workshop. Your deposit reserves your spot in the training. If you need to cancel 4 weeks or more before the workshop, your Deposit and/or Workshop Fee minus a $50 administrative fee will be refunded. If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the workshop, there is NO REFUND of your deposit and/or workshop fee. Lodging Fees will be refunded minus a $50 administrative fee. If you cancel 1 week or less before the workshop, Lodging Fees will be forfeited.
Cancellation by Big Belly Services Policy:
If fewer than 10 people have registered by January 22, 2018, the workshop may be cancelled and all Deposits and Fees will be refunded in full.
All rates are per person – all 6 nights including meals. Cabins are double or triple or quad (for the dorm) occupancy. For individual guaranteed privacy: double the weekend rate and add $30 to the mid-week rate. For additional nights beyond the workshop dates, check the Breitenbush website for rates and availability.
NOTE: Lodging is in addition to the Workshop Fee.
Room Type 1 – Cabin with bathroom – $710
Room Type 2 – Cabin without bathroom – $590
Room Type 3 – Dorm bed – $440
Lodging Fees are due two weeks before the workshop begins.
Lodging Rates Include:
- Cozy, rustic cabin or dorm room with geothermal heat (all rooms are shared)
- Three bountiful, organic vegetarian meals daily
- 24 hour access to the hot springs
- 24 hour access to the Lodge, Library, and the Sanctuary
- Daily Well-Being Programs
- Applicable taxes
- Beds come with a fitted sheet. Bring your own bedding or rent it for $18.
- If you come alone you may be assigned a roommate (of the same gender). If you have a roommate preference, please include their name when you make your deposit or register. See above for guaranteed privacy rates.
- Cabins have 2 or 3 beds with at least one double. Dorm cabins are same gender and have two sets of bunk beds.
- Your roommates (or you!) may snore so bring ear plugs. You do not get a room change or refund if snoring keeps you awake.
- All bathing areas are clothing optional.
Check In / Check Out:
- All lodging is available after 4pm.
- Please have all of your personal belongings out of your cabin by 1pm on your last day.
- You are welcome to continue enjoying the facilities after you have cleared out your cabin until 3pm on regular, open days.
- Late Arrival for Overnight Guests: If you arrive after the office has closed (6pm), your name and cabin number will be posted on the office door, or with the Guest Host in the parking lot.
- Relax and enjoy the hot springs and facilities, which are open 24 hours, and check in at the office first thing after 9am.