Business Skills for Doulas
Beyond the double-hip squeeze and pelvic tilt, there are many important skills a doula needs to know to run their business smoothly. This class is for those just starting out, or those who need some fine-tuning on the behind-the-scenes part of being a doula. You will learn what you need to know to set up your business and run it smoothly, generate marketing ideas, how to budget and prepare for taxes, and develop a long-range plan for your business’ growth.
While this course is geared for birth professionals, it is open to anyone who is opening or running a small business. This course may be taken before your doula training.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Identify your niche market
- Develop a marketing strategy and plan
- Differentiate the pros and cons of business structures that a doula may use
- Get tips on how to balance volunteering your services and set your fees
- Create a budget spread sheet
- Invest time in your doula community
This course is available via Videoconferencing! Click here for details.
What you pay, What you get
The fee for this course is $60. 4.0 CEUs from DONA are available for this course.
This class is held once a quarter. Want to know when the next classes are? Click on the calendar below.