Supporting Families in Grief
Join us for this special opportunity to prepare ourselves and all involved when the dreams of a new baby turn to heartbreak. The class will be held in a grounded and safe classroom space, with time for honoring our own experiences and those families who have shown us the way.
In this workshop we will focus on:
- the different types of perinatal loss
- understanding and skills for doulas to support families during miscarriage, stillbirth, or neonatal death – whether known in advance or unexpected
- the many forms of grief, and the grief process
- postpartum support for families who have had an unexpected outcome
- accessing support from medical staff and community resources
- cultural considerations when dealing with perinatal loss
- nurturing ourselves, and how to balance our sadness with our support.
This course is available via Videoconferencing! Click here for details.
What you pay, What you get
The cost of this class is $85. Lunch is included. 5.5 CEUs from DONA are available for this course.
Pre-requisite: Completion of a birth doula training, or other birth professional training. This course is open to any type of birth professional, though it is specifically designed for birth doulas.
This class is held twice a year. Want to know when the next classes are? Click on the calendar below.