Placenta Encapsulation Workshop
The Art of Placenta Encapsulation
This 5-hour course prepares doulas and other birth professionals with the understanding and skills to prepare a placenta for ingestion postpartum.
Incorporating lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice, students will learn about the properties of the human placenta, the history and science of consuming one’s placenta, the potential benefits of ingesting placenta capsules in the postpartum period, and the concepts behind the Traditional Chinese Medicine preparation.
This course also covers:
- research on the effects and benefits of placentophagy (consumption of placenta)
- the Scope of Practice of placenta encapsulators,
- policies and regulations for taking a placenta from a hospital
- techniques for safe handling and disposal of human tissue
- how to properly disinfect equipment and preparation areas
- how to determine where it is best for you and your clients to have their placenta prepared
- how to market and provide this service to clients
- the preparation of a real placenta using the Traditional Chinese Medicine process.
- additional uses of the placenta will also be discussed
Optional Certification as a Placenta Encapsulator is available after completing this course.
Placenta Encapsulation Kits – just about everything you need to encapsulate 6 placentas – will be available for $150 at the workshop. For less than the cost of one placenta encapsulation fee, you will be ready to go! Your Kit includes nitrile gloves, Chux pads, disposable pans, plastic cutting mats, a Capsule Machine, electric grinder, gel caps, face masks, fine sieve, plastic disinfecting tub, and disinfectant wipes. You provide: stovetop or hot plate, oven or dehydrator, cookie sheets and foil (for oven use) or parchment paper (for dehydrator), fork, knife, bleach, disinfectant dish detergent, lemons, jalapeño and ginger.
This course is available via Videoconferencing! Click here for details.
What you pay, What you get
The cost of this class is $50. 4.75 CEUs from DONA are available for this course.
This course is open to anyone; you do not need to be a birth professional to attend.
This class is held once a quarter. Want to know when the next classes are? Click on the calendar below.