Attend Advanced Doula Workshops via Teleconference!
For years, folks from out of town have asked if they could Skype in for classes. Or, a local student had a sick child at the last minute and had to miss class. I’ve been looking for a way for doulas to attend my classes remotely. And I’ve found a perfect solution via teleconference.
Teleconference allows you to see and be a part of the action! You see us, we see you. You hear us, we hear you (though I will ask you to mute yourself except when you are asking questions to cut down on background noise). You can see all the slides and videos everyone else in the class sees. So you don’t miss a thing!
The following courses are available via videoconference.
- Doula Sample Class
- Breastfeeding Resources and Skills for Doulas
- Business Skills for Doulas
- Journey Through the Pelvis
- Placenta Encapsulation
- Powerful Prenatals* (see note below)
- Rebozo Skills for Labor and Birth* (see note below)
- TENS Unit* (see note below)
- Supporting Families in Grief
All videoconference attendees will be provided with:
- Access to the online classroom via internet and downloadable app
- Handouts (electronically)
- Evaluation form
- Certificate of Completion
To attend a course via videoconference, you will need:
- an internet-connected device with built-in camera (laptop, smart phone or pad) for the duration of the course
- high-speed internet
In advance of the workshop, you will be emailed:
- a link to the online classroom (you will need to download the app to access the classroom, instructions are provided when you open the link)
- handouts that you can print out
After the course, you will be emailed a Certificate of Completion.
*This course has a significant amount of hands-on or role-play skills practice. Therefore, it requires two doulas to take the course together, in the same physical location, so you can practice the hands-on or role-playing skills with each other. You may use one device to access the course. Both doulas need to have registered separately and paid in advance. The TENS Unit course requires the use of a TENS Unit during the training, so at least one TENS Unit needs to be purchased at least 5 days prior to the course to allow for shipping.
Want to know when the next teleconference classes are? Click on the calendar below.